Registration takes place on 6 May 2021 in George.
Riding takes place from 7 May to 9 May 2021.
The JanBraai Cycle Tour is a three-day ride starting and finishing in George. The route takes participants on gravel roads and is the perfect event for those looking for a new cycling challenge, or an opportunity to put their gravel bike to the test. Mountain bikes are welcome, but we recommend a gravel bike for comfort and speed.
Starting with a welcome braai, drinks and first night in George, the tone for the weekend is set when participants realise they will be treated to three days of the best food and wine ever experienced at a cycling event.
FAMILY, PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS
Non-rider entries for non-riding spouses, boyfriends, girlfriends or friends are welcome, meaning a team can consist of either two riders or a rider and a supporter. Non-riders will get everything the riders get except for the cycling kit but will receive a complimentary massage treatment. Non-riders are welcome to drive their own vehicle but if you and your riding partner or friend are flying in you’re also welcome to catch a lift in one of the backup or crew vehicles.
INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY FEE
Entry fee for the JanBraai Cycle Tour is R30 000 for a team of two (R15 000 pp)
- Registration drinks and dinner on Thursday 6 May 2021.
- 3 nights guest house/hotel accommodation (Thursday, Friday and Saturday night)
- food & drinks (3 meals per day, daily snacks, wine, beer, water)
- 3 days of pristine gravel road cycling, varying distances but averaging around 90km per day.
- bike mechanic and backup service
- JanBraai Cycle Tour cycling kit
- daily transport of your luggage to next venue
- all event photographs